Skip to main content

Thank You Blog Readers.


This is just a sincere note of thanks to all you dedicated readers who have been part of the See, Believe, & Achieve blog.  I still can't believe that in just a short time we have reached over 1,000 readers. It is even more exciting to know that this blog is being read in various parts of the world. What a beautiful and motivating way to end 2011. When I first started this blog, I didn't really know what to expect and honestly thought that this was a blog only my mom would read. Yet, I kept posting and you all kept reading. Your support has truly inspired me. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you again. As with my first post remember, "The journey of a thousand miles, begins with one single step." 

The idea for this project started so many years ago and lived dormant in my heart and mind, waiting for the right moment to arrive. For me, this is not just a blog, but an opportunity to share my love and passion for mental health, well being, and life. There also comes a sense of responsibility in knowing the power of the written word. It is amazing how just one simple word can affect the way we think and feel, such as with the words faith, hope, believe, and love. If one word could inspire, imagine what many words placed in just the right phrase and content could do? And with that, this blog came to life. 

See, Believe, & Achieve is dedicated to helping others learn about mental health, which will hopefully lead to helping rid the stigma about an illness that for too long has been ignored. I realized a long time ago that this was my path and have embraced it wholeheartedly. Life is an interesting ride. It can lift you up and the next minute whip you out of sorts like rag doll in the wind. It's unknowing. It's beautiful. At times it can be magical and then there are those days that leave us wondering, "why me?" While we may never know all the answers, the one thing certain is that we are all in this together. Our lives are not our own, no matter how much we want to think so. Everything we do affects the world around us, like the ripples in a pond expanding from just one pebble being thrown into the water.

We are powerful beyond measure. It is in that moment we truly realize this, that our lives begin to take shape. As you look to the year ahead, I wish you and those near and dear to you much happiness, love, and success. Thank you once again for taking time out of your busy day to visit my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed these posts, as much as I have enjoyed writing them. I send you all a warm hug and look forward to what 2012 has to offer.

PS- Stay tuned for a recap of 2011 and what's to come for 2012! :) 

With love, 
Ane :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Love

Self love and respect are two life essentials and lessons. May we all find the path that leads us to the road of self acceptance and may we never forget our inner strength, uniqueness, and ability to overcome life's challenges. To others you will always be too much or not enough of something, but what matters most is how you "See" and "Believe" in yourself. Once this is accomplished, you can "Achieve" anything your heart desires. Wishing you all a beautiful start to the weekend!  Big hugs, Ane 

See You At The Gym! On The Road To Becoming Physically and Mentally Fit.

I like many others made a resolution to get fit- both financially and physically. If I could do it once (during my pageant days), of course I could do it again, right? After two days of weight training (5 lb dumbbells) and stair climber I could barely lift my arms to get dressed in the morning, much less get in and out of my car without wincing. As I sat reeking of Icy Hot , reality set in...and it wasn't pretty. I was out of shape! Being physically fit definitely contributes to being mentally fit. A study by Arizona State has proven the positive effects related to mental health, through physical fitness. Findings showed that consistent exercise decreased feelings of anxiety and depression, and increased self-esteem, ability to deal with stressful situations, and contributed to better sleep patters. It is also hypothesized that regular exercise can combat the onset of depression (although further study needed to be done). Today, it is estimated that 1 out of every 5 Americans wil

"National Call to Action Against Suicide"

Jason Mraz "I Won't Give Up"  Should you or someone you know need help, contact the National Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) As I write these words, I am numb knowing that 17-year old Carlos Vigil took his own life in my home state of New Mexico. He was part of a well known youth center I enjoyed stopping by on visits back home. I always felt inspired by what the innovative things the youth were doing and the sincere caring nature of the staff always sent me back to Washington, DC with a new sense of hope. I write this as a message to those suffering in silence and to honor the memory of a young life gone to soon. No matter what troubles lie in your path, please know that suicide is not the answer. It does not matter if you knew Carlos Vigil personally, because every time a child dies by suicide, it is a tragic loss to all of humanity.  From what I have read Carlos was a compassionate leader. He was a member of a well-known youth center in his communi