Skip to main content

Know Your Worth



"You Are Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera 



Through the years I found my mother was right and no dream is impossible and as long as I try, I will never fail regardless of the outcome. Along that same path I also learned the importance of knowing the value of my own worth. The world has its way of pressing down on our shoulders sometimes, and it can be tempting to take the easy way out. However, if you want success don't give up, but instead widen your stance, keep faith, and hold on a little longer. Why? Well, because you, yes YOU are worthy of happiness! I am worth it (say it out loud…it feels really good). Nothing in this world comes easy. It is a place with many unknowns and some disappointments. And while we have no power over what lies in the path for tomorrow, or in the actions of others, we can find peace in knowing the intent and power of our words, actions, and most importantly self-worth. 

Knowing your worth is powerful and allows us to see the world in a different light. It is like standing on the top of the highest mountain with the freedom to set forth in any direction our heart desires. Everything around us holds some kind of value. Yet, we sometimes do not give much thought to our worth as a person. It is important to know your own worth, because it is the first step to never accepting anything less than what you deserve. Everyone is deserving of the good things in life, and I do not mean just material.

This does not reside in the belief that the world owes us. It is about taking pride in all you do, no matter how big, small, or tedious the project. When I would complain about chores growing up, my mom would say, do things with good intent of your heart, or do not do it at all! If you are going scrub that tub, scrub it until you can see your pretty face staring back. Take pride in what you do. Well, to date I can scrub a tub with the best of them, and I kinda enjoy it! Knowing your worth is about the investment we make everyday to be a little better than yesterday. For me, it is the investment to be a true and loyal daughter, sister, and friend. The investment I make to learn about the world around me through school or books, and even a few trips to the gym every now and then. Every decision I make, good or bad is an investment in myself, and that outcome is my worth. So, at the end of the day, what you put in should result in the quality of choices you make and the people you include in your life. Why settle for anything less? Why allow for someone to tear down, what you have worked so hard to build up? Why accept wayward promises, when you stay true to your word? Why give your all to a relationship with you are only getting half (if that) in return? Why allow for others to determine your future, when you hold the key? Why wait for others to change the world for the better, when you have just as much ability to do it as well? 

You are worthy of better, so embrace it and make no apologies for it! Life is short, even if we lived to be 200-years old, it still would not be enough time. It has been a long road of lessons these past 31-years to construct every part of who I am, and there is still much more work to be done. I am not perfect. I have many faults and flaws. I fail more than what I have succeeded in life. I spend too much money on makeup, and not enough time in the gym. I forget to close the cereal box in the morning and sometimes I am “that” person who talks on their cell phone in the grocery store line (I have been working on this, I promise). To someone else I may be just another girl with a dream and unrealistic views (someone once told me this because they said I was too happy hehe), but to me it’s not a dream, but my life plan AND I am happy…like for really happy all the way to my core haha! And when it comes to matters of the heart, don’t set your sights on things that sparkle or that fancy house. When they ask you what you want, stand in your truth and don't be afraid to say you want the World! Why? Well, because you my friend are worth it, and don’t you forget that! 

With love,
Ane :)  

Popular posts from this blog

Self Love

Self love and respect are two life essentials and lessons. May we all find the path that leads us to the road of self acceptance and may we never forget our inner strength, uniqueness, and ability to overcome life's challenges. To others you will always be too much or not enough of something, but what matters most is how you "See" and "Believe" in yourself. Once this is accomplished, you can "Achieve" anything your heart desires. Wishing you all a beautiful start to the weekend!  Big hugs, Ane 

See You At The Gym! On The Road To Becoming Physically and Mentally Fit.

I like many others made a resolution to get fit- both financially and physically. If I could do it once (during my pageant days), of course I could do it again, right? After two days of weight training (5 lb dumbbells) and stair climber I could barely lift my arms to get dressed in the morning, much less get in and out of my car without wincing. As I sat reeking of Icy Hot , reality set in...and it wasn't pretty. I was out of shape! Being physically fit definitely contributes to being mentally fit. A study by Arizona State has proven the positive effects related to mental health, through physical fitness. Findings showed that consistent exercise decreased feelings of anxiety and depression, and increased self-esteem, ability to deal with stressful situations, and contributed to better sleep patters. It is also hypothesized that regular exercise can combat the onset of depression (although further study needed to be done). Today, it is estimated that 1 out of every 5 Americans wil

"National Call to Action Against Suicide"

Jason Mraz "I Won't Give Up"  Should you or someone you know need help, contact the National Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) As I write these words, I am numb knowing that 17-year old Carlos Vigil took his own life in my home state of New Mexico. He was part of a well known youth center I enjoyed stopping by on visits back home. I always felt inspired by what the innovative things the youth were doing and the sincere caring nature of the staff always sent me back to Washington, DC with a new sense of hope. I write this as a message to those suffering in silence and to honor the memory of a young life gone to soon. No matter what troubles lie in your path, please know that suicide is not the answer. It does not matter if you knew Carlos Vigil personally, because every time a child dies by suicide, it is a tragic loss to all of humanity.  From what I have read Carlos was a compassionate leader. He was a member of a well-known youth center in his communi