Ane Romero is nationally trained and certified through the Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program. Contact us today to learn more about how to schedule a training for your school or community.
Ane Romero, Yellow Ribbon Trainer
- ADULT GATEKEEPER TRAINING (Click on Link)
- YOUTH/TEEN SUICIDE PREVENTION TRAINING (Click on Link)
WHO WE SERVE
A Symbol of Life and Hope
First Responders: Law Enforcement and Fire Departments
Military: active and retired, and their families
- States and local agencies/organizations with technical assistance, and training for developing state and/or local suicide prevention strategic plans / community coalitions.
- Schools and school districts to develop suicide prevention plans that will include all staff, enhanced and supported by community professionals and advocates and train student body members in Be A Link!® basic gatekeeper concept to build a network of caring adults for youth and community members to support schools. (Children are not in school 24/7 12 mo a year). Teaching the community HOW to be involved, at the levels they are comfortable with, will open the door to more suicide prevention awareness and support.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of policy/advocacy training, participants can be expected to:
- Learn about the history/overview of mental health policy.
- Understanding the root and depth of stigma related to mental health and steps to change the way society views and reacts to this issue.
- Understand the significant role of policy with relation to the implementation, establishment, and advancement of mental health policy/initiatives.
- Have the ability to use the educational tools provided to advocate on behalf of their own organizations and/or cause.
- Have the ability to connect the role of policy maker and mental health professionals/advocates in order to advance mental health policy and initiatives.